The Randolph Public Schools pacing guides have been created by school and district level staff to help teachers stay on track and to ensure curricular continuity across schools in the district. These guides serve the purpose of laying out expectations of the material to be covered in each subject at each grade level. The pacing guides contain the following:
- Detailed timeline of what will be instructed
- Content of what will be instructed
- Alignment to the state standards for instruction
- Learning standards are concise, written descriptions of what students are expected to know and be able to do at a specific stage of their education.
- Learning standards describe educational objectives—i.e., what students should have learned by the end of a course, but they do not describe any particular teaching practice.
Parents can use these guides to monitor their child’s progression of understanding, as well as to help support their child in meeting the standards set in each core course.